10.02.2009

U is for under the covers.................


as i am sure i'm not the only one - this time of the year makes it really hard to get out of bed. during spring its the sound of the birds outside my window that makes me linger in bed just alittle longer - eager to catch the crescendo of their collective songs - followed by silence...my signal that its now ok to wake up and get out of bed...
in autumn its the cocoon.......i get into bed fully clothed - including wearing my favorite wool slippers. the morning finds me fully stripped down to just undies and a tissue weight tee (it used to be stripped down completely but i got tired of answering my older boy's question of "mommy, why are always naked in bed?").
i'm buried completely under the covers - windows usually open - hoping that i have a good 1/2 hour before i need to actually get out of bed. if i am blessed with that 1/2 hour - i curl myself into as tight a ball as possible - and just listen to the quiet......
i almost have my perfect bed. i have a wool mattress cover - my flannel sheets.......and an old boring comforter. my mission this autumn is to find the fluffiest - warmest comforter i can find. the problem is i have no idea what kind to get. i want non-down, preferably wool and organic wool at that. i don't want it shifting all over the place - and of course it needs to be fluffy - 5 star hotel kinda fluffy........and not expensive.......then i'll have the perfect bed.....
then i hope to find some for the boys too.
i hope to start researching later today. its all i've been thinking about lately. of course the fear is that i will find something so perfect that i won't be able to leave my cocoon at all! that's not so bad is it? its the chance i'll have to take.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that you should really risk the perfect comforter - you may never rise from bed again! I know what you mean about wanting that small window of time, before you have to get up - just relishing that lovely cosiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love staying in bed. One thing that I read when my children were young is that they way that one gets out of bed and waked up sets the tone for their entire day. I normally use that as my excuse to stay in bed as long as possible :)

    ReplyDelete