4.28.2011

Why I Wake Early - well at least according to my vision board

this year i completed my vision board right under the gun. its much smaller than my last one and because i didn't have a variety of magazines - its pretty limited in my vision....but maybe not? maybe its exactly as it should be.  we shall see.

i keep it tacked on the wall by my bathroom sink.  i really wanted to make sure i looked at it every day. 

there are areas i find myself concentrating on more than others.


this is the main one. 


recently i started a sunrise kundalini class and i can not even begin to put into words how much i love this class.  we arrive at 5:30am...just before the sun awakens or the birds begin their song.

  we start with our opening chant
 - Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo -
and by the time 7am comes i am completely transformed.

i rarely wake up that early in the morning. if i do - for whatever reason - its usually not by choice.  there are some mornings when i find myself just waking up as the birds are beginning to sing.  i lie in bed and just listen - telling myself to be present and simply enjoy the moment.  but those mornings don't come very often.

yet i find myself up at 5am on wednesday morning - ready to get to class.  the more i go - the more i see the beauty in that hour....and the more i want to try and use that time for myself.

which is why i put it on my vision board.

"i look forward to a serene hour with the sunrise"



Why I Wake Early

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who made the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips
and the nodding morning glories,
and into the windows of, even, the
miserable and the crotchety –

best preacher that ever was,
dear star, that just happens
to be where you are in the universe
to keep us from ever-darkness,
to ease us with warm touching,
to hold us in the great hands of light –
good morning, good morning, good morning.

Watch, now, how I start the day
in happiness, in kindness.

~ Mary Oliver ~



No comments:

Post a Comment