it is monday nite
the eve before the first day of december
25 days before christmas
and i find myself exactly where i don't want to be.
- coming home to the dirty dishes, dirty laundry and dirty bathrooms i didn't get to before we left for the weekend.......
- sitting at a table covered with school papers i set aside "to look at later".........and realizing "later" is right now
- staring at a datebook filled with upcoming practices, games, volunteering, shows, parties, scouting events.........
- noticing a home that has yet to be decorated for any holiday so far this autumn.....
- unable to focus - on gifts, recipients, menus.......
- wondering how we'll pay for it all.............
- saddened by the thought that i will blink and once again christmas will be gone......
instead of stressing over it all
i am turning off my mind
and listening to my heart
i am deciding what is important to me this holiday season and making the choice to take it day by day. if i get to the *musts* - great.........if i don't - even better.
i am finishing my tea
and going to bed
tomorrow i will regroup
i will slow down
i will unthink about